This section covers rules, strategies, and information related to board games. Board Games Games.
There are many varieties of board games. Their representation of real-life situations can range from having no inherent theme, like checkers, to having a specific theme and narrative, like Cluedo . (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: A board game is a tabletop game that involves counters or moved or placed on a pre-marked surface or "board", according to a set of rules. Some games are based on pure strategy, but many contain an element of chance; and some are purely chance, with no element of skill.
- BoardGameGeek ?a board game community and website database.
- Going Cardboard ?a documentary, including interviews with game designers and game publishers.
- History of games - The history of games dates to the ancient human past. Games are an integral part of all cultures and are one of the oldest forms of human social interaction. Games are formalized expressions of play which allow people to go beyond immediate imagination and direct physical activity.
- Interactive movie ?DVD games.
- Mind sport - A mind sport is a game of skill where the competition is based on a particular type of the intellectual ability as opposed to physical exercise.
- Snakes and Lattes ?a board game caf .
- History of board games
- Egyptian inventions
- Board games
- Offers The World of Abstract Games www
Offers variations of Go, World of Abstract Games, Soldiers, Kings and Soldiers, and Tower. The World of Abstract Games.
- An Abstract Strategy Games www
An index sorted by letter and author. Strategy Games. Includes pictures, game descriptions, and rules. Abstract Strategy Games.
- The Mouse Trap - A game by Milton Bradley www
The object of MOUSE TRAP is to build a wacky contraption following the Building Plan and then to use it to trap the mice of the other player(s). Mouse Trap - A game by Milton Bradley.
- The Trev's boardgames www
The authentic birdwatching game. Trev's boardgames.
- Download Colossus www
Download a Java version of Avalon Hill's Titan boardgame. Colossus. Currently "hotseat" play only. Colossus.
- A GUB: the Generic Universal Boardgame www
A Java 2 application that allows players to play almost any type of board game on their computer, the Generic Universal Boardgame, using a simple text file with game piece descriptions, a GIF or JPG copy of a game board, and an optional set of graphics for the game pieces. Several game piece sets are distributed here, and others may be created by other people and distributed from elsewhere. GUB: the Generic Universal Boardgame.
- Manufacturing Reveal Entertainment www
Manufacturing and marketing company for family, Entertainment, party and educational games and products. Reveal Entertainment.
- They TLI Games www
They has been developing and manufacturing games since 1991. Games. Their motto is that people learn best when they're having fun. TLI Games.
- Description Karma Chakra www
Description and news about this Buddhist-based boardgame. Chakra. Includes ordering information. Karma Chakra.
- Math Extreme Math Games www
Math games for students. Math Games. Focuses students on their basic mental math skills. Includes game information, testimonials, and FAQs. Extreme Math Games.
- A Game Liberation www
A game about game theory by Jesper Juul. Game Liberation.
- Offers Game Research www
Offers news and research information on the development and social impact of computer games, Research, and the Games Research mailing list. Game Research.
- Alexa: Board Games Games
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Board Games Games
- DMOZ: Board Games Games
dmoz.org Directory: Board Games Games