This genre covers board games with a historical theme. Includes pre-historical, ancient Greek and Roman, Colonial, Medieval (not fantasy), Pirates, and most Arabic themed games. It does NOT include war games, which should be in Games-Board_Games-War_and_Politics-. Games which are old-ancient do not currently have their own section, but fit mostly under Games-Board_Games-Abstract. Historical Board Games Games.
History (from Greek ἱστορία, historia, meaning "inquiry, knowledge acquired by investigation") is the study of the past as it is described in written documents. (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: History is the study of the past as it is described in written documents. Events occurring before written record are considered prehistory. It is an umbrella term that relates to past events as well as the memory, discovery, collection, organization, presentation, and interpretation of information about these events. Scholars who write about history are called historians. History can also refer to the academic discipline which uses a narrative to examine and analyse a sequence of past events, and objectively determine the patterns of cause and effect that determine them. Historians sometimes debate the nature of history and its usefulness by discussing the study of the discipline as an end in itself and as a way of providing "perspective" on the problems of the present.
- History Category
- Auxiliary sciences of history - Auxiliary sciences of history are scholarly disciplines which help evaluate and use historical sources and are seen as auxiliary for historical research.
- Archival research - Archival research is a type of primary research which involves seeking out and extracting evidence from original archival records.
- Bibliography - Bibliography, as a discipline, is traditionally the academic study of books as physical, cultural objects; in this sense, it is also known as bibliology.
- Computational history - Computational history is a multidisciplinary field that studies history through machine learning and other data-driven, computational approaches.
- Popular history - Popular history is a broad and somewhat ill-defined genre of historiography that takes a popular approach, aims at a wide readership, and usually emphasizes narrative, personality and vivid detail over scholarly analysis.
- Historiography of Argentina - The Historiography of Argentina is composed of the works of the authors that have written about the History of Argentina. The first historiographical works are usually considered to be those by Bartolom Mitre and other authors from the middle 19th century.
- Article Age of Renaissance Game Review and Player's Aid www
Article by Fred Schachter contains explanation of game mechanics and statistics. Age of Renaissance Game Review and Player's Aid.
- Offers Age of Renaissance Errata www
Offers a FAQ. Age of Renaissance Errata.
- Guide NSpired Pursuits www
Guide and support for iScorAgricola, Pursuits, an iPhone app for calculating players' scores. NSpired Pursuits.
- A Drake's Flames: Agricola www
A favorable review of the game. Drake's Flames: Agricola.
- Offers Anno 1452 www
Offers game information, 1452, and rules. Anno 1452.
- English Anno 1452 Cards www
English translation of the German rules for Anno 1452. Anno 1452 Cards.
- The Trev's boardgames www
The jousting tournament to decide who is the most fearless knight can begin. boardgames. Well armoured, the fighters enter the arena. Trev's boardgames.
- BTRC Black Death www
BTRC On-line Catalog. Death. a humorous and macabre little board game about life in the Middle Ages, circa 1400AD, during the height of the Plague. Each player takes the role of a different disease, and whoever wipes out most of Europe wins! Black Death.
- Description Blood Royale www
Description of the game. Royale. Blood Royale is a game of treachery, double-dealing, power-politics, dynastic aggrandisement and open warfare, set in the world of 14th Century Europe. Blood Royale.
- With BoardgameGeek: Blood Royale www
With review, Blood Royale, pictures, user rating, and German translation of the rules. BoardgameGeek: Blood Royale.
- Alexa: Historical Board Games
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Historical Board Games
- DMOZ: Historical Board Games
dmoz.org Directory: Historical Board Games