Websites and pages devoted to rules, strategy and other information on card games. Card Games Games.
A card game is any game using playing cards as the primary device with which the game is played, be they traditional or game-specific. (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: A card game is any game using playing cards as the primary device with which the game is played, be they traditional or game-specific. Countless card games exist, including families of related games. A small number of card games played with traditional decks have formally standardized rules, but most are folk games whose rules vary by region, culture, and person. Many games that are not generally placed in the family of card games do in fact use cards for some aspect of their gameplay. Similarly, some games that are placed in the card game genre involve a board. The distinction is that the gameplay of a card game primarily depends on the use of the cards by players, while board games generally focus on the players' positions on the board, and use the cards for some secondary purpose. Given the association of card games and gambling, the pope, Benedict XIV, banned card games on October 17th, 1750.
- Game of chance - A game of chance is a game whose outcome is strongly influenced by some randomizing device, and upon which contestants may choose to wager money or anything of monetary value. Common devices used include dice, spinning tops, playing cards, roulette wheels, or numbered balls drawn from a container.
- Game of skill - A game of skill is a game where the outcome is determined mainly by mental or physical skill, rather than by chance. Some commonly played games of skill include: chess, poker, collectible card games, contract bridge, backgammon, and mahjong.
- R. F. Foster - Robert Frederick Foster of New York City, known as R. F. Foster, was a memory training promoter and the prolific writer of more than 50 nonfiction books. He wrote primarily on the rules of play and methods for successful play of card, dice, and board games.
- Edmond Hoyle - Edmond Hoyle was a writer best known for his works on the rules and play of card games.
- Henry Jones (writer) who wrote under the pseudonym "Cavendish".
- Pagat.com - Pagat.com is a website containing rules to hundreds of card games from all over the world. Maintained by John McLeod, it contains information for traditional, commercial, and newly invented card games from all over the world.
- Card games
- Tabletop games
- Detailed kuro5hin.org - How To Shuffle and Cut a Deck of Cards One-Handed www
Detailed directions. kuro5hin.org - How To Shuffle and Cut a Deck of Cards One-Handed.
- Includes Encyclopedia of Playing Cards www
Includes copyright dates, Playing Cards, manufacturers and other details. Encyclopedia of Playing Cards.
- Occasionally Gunther Anderson's Playing Card Collection www
Occasionally updated galleries of themed decks of cards, Anderson's Playing Card Collection, with scanned cards and commentary. Gunther Anderson's Playing Card Collection.
- Rules Invented Card Games www
Rules for a number of recently invented card games. Invented Card Games.
- Develops BVS Development Corporation www
Develops and distributes solitaire and video poker card games. BVS Development Corporation.
- A UNOTips.org www
A guide to playing UNO. UNOTips.org. Includes tips, strategy and theory of the game. UNOTips.org.
- A PlayCardGames.org www
A card game guide listing traditional, PlayCardGames.org, commercial and proprietary card games. PlayCardGames.org.
- Gaming The Zoo www
Gaming community offering card game rooms and tournaments for spades, Zoo, gin, pinochle, and hearts. The Zoo.
- Flash Wichita Faro www
Flash faro game simulating play in an Old West saloon. Faro. Includes rules and history. Wichita Faro.
- Forum Alta Carta www
Forum for trading playing cards of interest to collectors, Carta, as well as information about playing cards. Alta Carta.
- A MGM Joker KG - Playing Cards for Collectors www
A German manufacturer of playing cards specifically targeted to collectors. MGM Joker KG - Playing Cards for Collectors.
- Manufactures TM Playing Cards www
Manufactures playing cards under several brands with an online tool for custom playing cards. TM Playing Cards.
- Manufacturer Heritage Playing Card Company www
Manufacturer of traditionally illustrated English, Playing Card Company, German, and French playing cards in various artistic categories. [English/French/German] Heritage Playing Card Company.
- Alexa: Card Games Games
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Card Games Games
- DMOZ: Card Games Games
dmoz.org Directory: Card Games Games