This section deals with arcade video games, the coin-op machines you can find in video arcades. The machines where you put in a coin to play. The section covers both old and new machines. Both hardware and software. You will both find collectors of vintage machines and the latest new games. Arcade Games Coin-Op Games.
An arcade game or coin-op is a coin-operated entertainment machine typically installed in public businesses such as restaurants, bars and amusement arcades. (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: An arcade game or coin-op is a coin-operated entertainment machine typically installed in public businesses such as restaurants, bars and amusement arcades. Most arcade games are video games, pinball machines, electro-mechanical games, redemption games or merchandisers. While exact dates are debated, the golden age of arcade video games is usually defined as a period beginning sometime in the late 1970s and ending sometime in the mid-1980s. Excluding a brief resurgence in the early 1990s, the arcade industry subsequently declined in the Western hemisphere as competing Home video game console such as PlayStation and Xbox increased in their graphics and game-play capability and decreased in cost.
- Claw crane - A claw crane is a type of arcade game known as a merchandiser, commonly found in video arcades, supermarkets, restaurants, movie theaters, shopping malls, and bowling alleys.
- Money booth - A money booth, also known as cash booth, money machine, and cash cube, is an arcade game and merchandiser in the form of a phone booth in which paper money are blown through the air. A participant inside the booth then has to grab as many banknotes as possible in a limited amount of time.
- Medal game - Medal games are a type of game commonly found in arcades and casinos, especially within Japan. In order to play a medal game a customer must first exchange their cash into medals.
- JAMMA - The Japan Amusement Machine and Marketing Association, abbreviated JAMMA, is a Japanese trade association headquartered in Tokyo.
- Killer List of Videogames - The Killer List of Videogames is a website featuring an online encyclopedia devoted to cataloging arcade games past and present. It is the video game department of the International Arcade Museum, and has been referred to as "the IMDb for players".
- Neo-Geo - The Neo Geo, stylised as NEO?GEO, also written as NEOGEO, is a cartridge-based arcade system board and fourth-generation home video game console released on April 26, 1990, by Japanese game company SNK Corporation. It was the first system in SNK's Neo Geo family.
- Video game platforms
- Video game terminology
- Coinop.org www
Database of coin-operated arcade games. Coinop.org.
- A Ads from the past www
A collection of pictures of advertising flyers for old arcade games such as Zaxxon, from the past, Frogger and Centipede. Ads from the past.
- Database PCBdB* www
Database of connections, PCBdB*, batteries, and DIP switch settings for Arcade PCBs. PCBdB*.
- Screenshots, Arcade Game Annex www
Screenshots, Game Annex, music, switch settings, pinouts, and repair information. Arcade Game Annex.
- Various Mixed Bag www
Various FAQs and information texts about arcade games. Mixed Bag.
- Information The Atari Library www
Information about Battlezone, Atari Library, Tempest, Centipede, Missile Command, and Asteroids. The Atari Library.
- Provides The Kane's PlayChoice 10 Tribute Site www
Provides information about the Ninteno PlayChoice 10 Video Arcade Game system; history of the machine; the games it supported; and its architecture. The Kane's PlayChoice 10 Tribute Site.
- Canadian ITS Canada www
Canadian home of ITS - the makers of Golden Tee Golf. ITS Canada.
- Atari AGH Museum www
Atari coin-op museum. Museum. Contains ads, data sheets, and cabinet pictures. AGH Museum.
- Variety Post-Age Collectibles www
Variety of collectibles from records to books to pinball parts. Post-Age Collectibles.
- Distributor 50th State www
Distributor of active video arcade machines. State. Small selection of used equipment for sale. 50th State.
- Manufacturer Coin King Electronics www
Manufacturer of arcade game machines, King Electronics, supplies and other related electronic equipment. Based in Taiwan. Coin King Electronics.
- Information Arcade Belgium www
Information on arcade games in Belgium. Belgium. Features news, a location list with search engine, articles and a marketplace. Arcade Belgium.
- Computer JSP Customer Service Center www
Computer and electronic products, Customer Service Center, computer services and digital software to dealers, service centers and consumers world wide since 1988. JSP Customer Service Center.
- Site Mark's Arcade Retro Site www
Site for video arcade game enthusiasts. Mark's Arcade Retro Site.
- An The Arcade Flyer Archive www
An archive for classic arcade and videogame flyers. The Arcade Flyer Archive.
- Review Video Game [R]evolution, The www
Review of the Video Game Museum in St. Game [R]evolution, The. Louis; in ACM Crossroads, the student magazine of the Association for Computing Machinery. Video Game [R]evolution, The.
- Contains The Basement Arcade www
Contains reviews, Basement Arcade, sounds, history, and articles. The Basement Arcade.
- For Sounds from the arcade www
For anyone who needs to hear more of the classic arcade machines from the 80's. from the arcade. Includes sounds from Crazy Climber, Ms. Pac Man, Wizard of War, Crystal Castles, Donkey Kong, Gauntlet and Toobin. Sounds from the arcade.
- Games The Bronze Age Arcade Game Archive www
Games from 1971-1980. The Bronze Age Arcade Game Archive.
- A Killer List Of Videogames (KLOV) www
A searchable encyclopedia of coin-operated video games containing technical information, List Of Videogames (KLOV), descriptions, cabinet pictures and screen shots. Killer List Of Videogames (KLOV).
- Database Arcade Games Database www
Database covering coin-op video games, Games Database, includes screenshots and artwork, and hardware specifications. Arcade Games Database.
- Information Williams Documentation www
Information on Williams arcade machines. Documentation. Offers manuals and news. Williams Documentation.
- Information FPGA Arcade www
Information about recreating gaming hardware from the past in modern programmable devices, Arcade, known as FPGAs. FPGA Arcade.
- A Dallas Fort Worth Arcade and Game Centers www
A directory of Dallas Fort Worth's arcade centers. Dallas Fort Worth Arcade and Game Centers.
- About Atari System 1 Page www
About the System 1 used in games such as Marble Madness, System 1 Page, Roadblasters and Road Runner. Atari System 1 Page.
- A Classic Video Games Nexus www
A nearly complete and organized list of links related to classic video games (Atari 2600, Video Games Nexus, and Pac-Man). Classic Video Games Nexus.
- A Arcade-History www
A coin-operated machine database featuring more than 25, Arcade-History,000 machines with pictures and information. Arcade-History.
- Makers IREM www
Makers of R-Type. IREM.
- Includes Tony's Video Arcade Classics Page www
Includes among other things a game photo album. Tony's Video Arcade Classics Page.
- A National Coin-Op and Video Game Museum www
A detailed article and tour of this lost treasure. National Coin-Op and Video Game Museum.
- Classic Retrocactus.com www
Classic videogame nostalgia. Retrocactus.com.
- Official Twin Galaxies www
Official scoreboard for video game and pinball hi-scores. Twin Galaxies.
- Arcade JROK's Web Pages www
Arcade game web pages, Web Pages, free games, emulators and schematics. JROK's Web Pages.
- Pictures Reno's Arcade PC www
Pictures and specifications for his Arcade-PC. Reno's Arcade PC.
- Designs Hagstrom Electronics www
Designs and manufactures products which allow customers to interface with their computer's keyboard input in a multitude of ways. Hagstrom Electronics.
- A Vidiot's Video Arcade www
A collector's homepage with information on restoring various video games. Vidiot's Video Arcade.
- Collects Al's Arcade www
Collects arcade video games and pinball machines. Al's Arcade.
- Manufactures Game Cabinets Inc. www
Manufactures cocktail arcade cabinets, Cabinets Inc., and joystick and trackball controllers that are compatible with MAME technology. Located in Washington, United States. Game Cabinets Inc..
- A Auction Game Sales www
A Tennessee, Game Sales, USA based auction company which hold monthly coin machine consignment auctions. Auction Game Sales.
- Dedicated Eclipse's Classic Arcade Emulator Page www
Dedicated to freeware/shareware arcade emulators that run under MS-DOS and/or Windows. Eclipse's Classic Arcade Emulator Page.
- Save MonroeWorld.com www
Save Games, MonroeWorld.com, FAQs, emulators, ROMs, and information. MonroeWorld.com.
- Classic Phosphor Dot Fossils www
Classic arcade video game history. Phosphor Dot Fossils.
- Arcade Great Game Database www
Arcade and video games, Game Database, technical information and related memorabilia from the classic era through the neoclassic. Great Game Database.
- Has Star Tech Journal www
Has covered the coin-operated entertainment industry since 1979 and is considered one of the best coin-op repair resources available. Star Tech Journal.
- Covers The Stinger Report www
Covers the out-of-home entertainment sector, Stinger Report, including video amusement, attractions and gaming systems. The Stinger Report.
- Alexa: Arcade Games Coin-Op
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Arcade Games Coin-Op
- DMOZ: Arcade Games Coin-Op
dmoz.org Directory: Arcade Games Coin-Op