This section is for sites whose games have not yet been sold to a publisher or to sites that distribute there own games without a publisher. Independent Developers Developers and Publishers Games.
- Wikipedia: An independent video game is a video game that is often created without the financial support of a publisher, although some games funded by a publisher are still considered "indie". Indie games often focus on innovation and rely on digital distribution. Indie gaming saw a rise in mainstream popularity in the latter half of the 2000s, primarily due to new online distribution methods and development tools. Some indie games have been very successful financially, such as Undertale, Braid, World of Goo, and Minecraft.
- D?jin soft - D?jin soft, also sometimes called d?jin games, with d?jin sometimes transliterated as doujin or doujinshi, are video games created by Japanese hobbyists or hobbyist groups, more for fun than for profit; essentially, the Japanese equivalent of independent video games or Fangames.
- Independent video game development - Independent video game development is the video game development process of creating indie games; these are video games, commonly created by individual or small teams of video game developers and usually without significant financial support of a video game publisher or other outside source.
- JayIsGames - Jay Is Games is a game review website that features daily updates and links to casual games, indie games, browser games and flash games of wide interest to casual gamers. It was founded on April 19, 2003 by Jay Bibby, initially as a personal blog, although it later had several contributors.
- Video game development - Video game development is the process of creating a video game. The effort is undertaken by a game developer, who may range from a single person to an international team dispersed across the globe.
- Video game types
- Video game terminology
- Specializes Ray B's World www
Specializes in graphics and provides examples of drawings, B's World, pixelations, and cartoons. Features published products and the resume. Ray B's World.
- Article A City College Toy Story www
Article on Howard Wexler, City College Toy Story, toy inventor and City College graduate. His most notable creation is the classic board game Connect Four. A City College Toy Story.
- Original Thoughtplay www
Original bespoke games, Thoughtplay, events, puzzles and designs created for private and professional contexts. Thoughtplay.
- Offers Avalanche Team www
Offers games to download and buy, Team, forums, and links. Avalanche Team.
- Independent Van der Veer Games www
Independent developers of board, der Veer Games, internet, and computer games. Van der Veer Games.
- Designs PyroMyth Games www
Designs and manufacture of family friendly games including free downloadable table top games. PyroMyth Games.
- 3D Kinetic Impulse www
3D motion capture products, Impulse, studio installation and mocap consultancy services Kinetic Impulse.
- Forums Indie Gamer www
Forums for independent developers. Indie Gamer.
- Annual Independent Games Festival www
Annual event sponsored by CMP Media to award excellence in independent video game development in several categories. Games Festival. Background, finalists and winners from each year, how to submit a game for consideration, overview of the judging process, and press releases. Independent Games Festival.
- Provides Guild of Blades Publishing Group www
Provides ordering and wholesale catalog, Blades Publishing Group, company information, and product lines. Guild of Blades Publishing Group.
- Professional Game Publishers Association www
Professional association of small press publishers, Publishers Association, focusing on adventure hobby games and related products. Game Publishers Association.
- Alexa: Independent Developers Developers and Publishers
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Independent Developers Developers and Publishers
- DMOZ: Independent Developers Developers and Publishers
dmoz.org Directory: Independent Developers Developers and Publishers