Tiddlywinks is a game of skill and strategy, invented in 1955 by two undergraduates at the University of Cambridge. It is now played at a number of English, Scottish and American universities, and at national tournaments organised in the three countries. Tiddlywinks Hand-Eye Coordination Games.
Tiddlywinks is an indoor game played on a flat felt mat with sets of small discs called "winks", a pot, which is the target, and a collection of squidgers, which are also discs. (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: Tiddlywinks is an indoor game played on a flat felt mat with sets of small discs called "winks", a pot, which is the target, and a collection of squidgers, which are also discs. Players use a "squidger" to shoot a wink into flight by flicking the squidger across the top of a wink and then over its edge, thereby propelling it into the air. The offensive objective of the game is to score points by sending your own winks into the pot. The defensive objective of the game is to prevent your opponents from potting their winks by "squopping" them: shooting your own winks to land on top of your opponents' winks. As part of strategic gameplay, players often attempt to squop their opponents' winks and develop, maintain and break up large piles of winks.
- Games of physical skill
- Children's games
- The English Tiddlywinks Association www
Forthcoming Tiddlywinks tournaments; the latest ratings and newsletter; previous winners of major tournaments; and links to ETwA council members and back issues of Winking World. English Tiddlywinks Association.
- Information The Harvard Tiddlywinks Society www
Information on the Society and the game. The Harvard Tiddlywinks Society.
- The Tiddlywinks team plans return to former glory www
The news office of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology reports on the refounding of MITTwA. Tiddlywinks team plans return to former glory.
- A Problems with the rules of tiddlywinks www
A list of matters, with the rules of tiddlywinks, however trivial, which have been raised concerning the rules of tiddlywinks. Maintained by Matt Fayers. Problems with the rules of tiddlywinks.
- The Britain's top at tiddlywinks www
The BBC's report on the 24th World Pairs. Britain's top at tiddlywinks.
- Infrequently Tim Hedger on the Web www
Infrequently updated tiddlywinks ratings. Tim Hedger on the Web.
- The A life of sex, booze and tiddlywinks www
The Sydney Morning Herald's obituary of the 4th Earl of Kimberley, life of sex, booze and tiddlywinks, the most-married man in the peerage and a former player of the game. A life of sex, booze and tiddlywinks.
- Includes 50 facts about The Duke of Edinburgh www
Includes a summary of the role of the His Royal Highness the Duke of Edinburgh and the Goons in the creation of the Silver Wink. 50 facts about The Duke of Edinburgh.
- Includes The North American Tiddlywinks Association www
Includes rules of Tiddlywinks, North American Tiddlywinks Association, strategy, the history of the game and compendium for game collectors. The North American Tiddlywinks Association.
- The Topical Words: Tiddlywinks www
The belated recognition of the name of a Wiltshire hamlet leads to thoughts on beer houses and games. Topical Words: Tiddlywinks.
- The Tiddlywinks www
The BBC's (slightly fictionalized) guide to the game and its players. Tiddlywinks.
- Bulletin Yahoo! Groups : tiddlywinks www
Bulletin Board that claims to be "everything about the classic game of tiddlywinks, Groups : tiddlywinks, from the 1890s parlor game to the competitive tournament game". Yahoo! Groups : tiddlywinks.
- Provides Speed Stacks www
Provides information about sport stacking. Stacks. Includes rules, news and events. Speed Stacks.
- Photos, Flame Sticks www
Photos, Sticks, tricks, information on the game, and juggling. Flame Sticks.
- Alexa: Tiddlywinks Hand-Eye Coordination
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Tiddlywinks Hand-Eye Coordination
- DMOZ: Tiddlywinks Hand-Eye Coordination
dmoz.org Directory: Tiddlywinks Hand-Eye Coordination