In Tic-Tac-Toe, also known as Noughts and Crosses and Ticktacktoe, two players-- one drawing crosses, the other circles-- alternately make their marks in a 3 by 3 grid-like figure. The object is to be the first to make three in row. Tic-Tac-Toe Paper and Pencil Games.
Because of the simplicity of tic-tac-toe, it is often used as a pedagogical tool for teaching the concepts of good sportsmanship and the branch of artificial intelligence that deals with the searching of game trees. (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: Tic-tac-toe is a paper-and-pencil game for two players, X and O, who take turns marking the spaces in a 3 3 grid. The player who succeeds in placing three of their marks in a horizontal, vertical, or diagonal row wins the game.
- Tic-tac-toe Category
- 3-D Tic-Tac-Toe - 3D tic-tac-toe, also known by the trade name Qubic, is an abstract strategy board game, generally for two players. It is similar in concept to traditional tic-tac-toe but is played in a cubical array of cells, usually 4x4x4. Players take turns placing their markers in blank cells in the array.
- Notakto - Notakto is a tic-tac-toe variant, also known as neutral or impartial tic-tac-toe. The game is a combination of the games tic-tac-toe and Nim, played across one or several boards with both of the players playing the same piece.
- SOS (game) - SOS is paper and pencil game for two or more players. It is similar to tic-tac-toe and dots and boxes, but has greater complexity.
- Tic-tac-toe variants - Variants of tic-tac-toe date back several millennia.
- Ultimate tic-tac-toe - Ultimate tic-tac-toe also known as super tic-tac-toe or meta tic-tac-toe is a board game composed of nine tic-tac-toe boards arranged in a 3-by-3 grid. Players take turns playing in the smaller tic-tac-toe boards until one of them wins in the larger tic-tac-toe board.
- Paper-and-pencil games
- Analysis Guy Fawkes's Analysis of Boolean Tic-Tac-Toe www
Analysis of variant that allows anti-play. Guy Fawkes's Analysis of Boolean Tic-Tac-Toe.
- Game Math Lair - Tic-Tac-Toe www
Game variations, Lair - Tic-Tac-Toe, looking from the mathematical side. Math Lair - Tic-Tac-Toe.
- Features Tic-Tac-Toe Strategy www
Features explanations and the opportunity to put the advice into practice. Tic-Tac-Toe Strategy.
- Description Tic Tac Toe Top Secret www
Description of a strategy against a member of the group that allows one to win or to draw. Tic Tac Toe Top Secret.
- Details Tic Tac Toe Strategy Solutions www
Details a step-by-step process that allows the first player to win or draw, Tac Toe Strategy Solutions, but never lose. Tic Tac Toe Strategy Solutions.
- Instructions Pencil & Paper Games Plaza: Tic Tac Toe www
Instructions for game play. Pencil & Paper Games Plaza: Tic Tac Toe.
- Game Tic-Tac-Toe www
- Game Tic Tac Toe www
Game allows user to specify the height and width of the board, Tac Toe, and the number of marks in a row needed to win. Played against the computer. (CGI) Tic Tac Toe.
- Logic Oflameron www
Logic table game played on paper with dice. Oflameron. Site contains the game's description, images, rules and playing forms for download in Microsoft Word format. Oflameron.
- History, Free Hangman Games www
History, Hangman Games, illustrated instructions, online/downloadable/printable game versions, and links to other Hangman resources. Free Hangman Games.
- Alexa: Tic-Tac-Toe Paper and Pencil
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Tic-Tac-Toe Paper and Pencil
- DMOZ: Tic-Tac-Toe Paper and Pencil
dmoz.org Directory: Tic-Tac-Toe Paper and Pencil