Many professional authors of role-playing games have their own web pages. Typically these have a lot of semi-official supplemental information that just didn't get published, errata, and links. The difference between a website that should be here, that of a professional Roleplaying Author, and just an amateur hobbyist who has written her own campaign scenarios for her group is somewhat subjective, but is like the difference between an Author and a Writer. One has a noticeable quantity of work professionally published, the other hasn't. Independent Developers Developers and Publishers Roleplaying Games.
- Wikipedia: An independent video game is a video game that is often created without the financial support of a publisher, although some games funded by a publisher are still considered "indie". Indie games often focus on innovation and rely on digital distribution. Indie gaming saw a rise in mainstream popularity in the latter half of the 2000s, primarily due to new online distribution methods and development tools. Some indie games have been very successful financially, such as Undertale, Braid, World of Goo, and Minecraft.
- D?jin soft - D?jin soft, also sometimes called d?jin games, with d?jin sometimes transliterated as doujin or doujinshi, are video games created by Japanese hobbyists or hobbyist groups, more for fun than for profit; essentially, the Japanese equivalent of independent video games or Fangames.
- Independent video game development - Independent video game development is the video game development process of creating indie games; these are video games, commonly created by individual or small teams of video game developers and usually without significant financial support of a video game publisher or other outside source.
- JayIsGames - Jay Is Games is a game review website that features daily updates and links to casual games, indie games, browser games and flash games of wide interest to casual gamers. It was founded on April 19, 2003 by Jay Bibby, initially as a personal blog, although it later had several contributors.
- Video game development - Video game development is the process of creating a video game. The effort is undertaken by a game developer, which may range from a single person to an international team dispersed across the globe.
- Video game types
- Video game terminology
- Includes Entertainment Plus More, Inc www
Includes information on web and turn-based games as well as an Adventurers' and Players' guild. Entertainment Plus More, Inc.
- The Perrin's Worlds of Wondex www
The web site of Steve Perrin and Luise Perenne, Worlds of Wondex, including opportunities to purchase games and art. Perrin's Worlds of Wondex.
- Homepage VectorSphere.com www
Homepage of Marc A. VectorSphere.com. Vezina, developer of Dream Pod 9's Jovian Chronicles. VectorSphere.com.
- Geoffrey Raindogs On The Web! www
Geoffrey C. The Web!. Grabowski, an author of supplements for Unknown Armies, Ars Magica, Over the Edge, and other RPGs. Raindogs On The Web!.
- News Monte Cook www
News and roleplaying material from the author of the Dungeons and Dragons Dungeon Master's Guide Monte Cook. Monte Cook.
- Website Access Denied! www
Website of game/fiction author Robert M. Denied!. Schroeck of Steve Jackson Games. Campaigns and supplemental information for: TFOS, Advanced Dungeons and Dragons, Gurps Fantasy, Gurps IST, Gurps Camelot, Gurps Werewolf. Access Denied!.
- Author Phil Masters' Home Page www
Author of GURPS Arabian Nights, Masters' Home Page, Places of Mystery, Discworld, Russia, Kingdom of Champions, many White Dwarf articles. Maintainer of uk.games.roleplay FAQ, Baroquoun British roleplay convention. Phil Masters' Home Page.
- Author Amanda Dickerson www
Author of Dead Sea Murder, Dickerson, and other rpg games. Amanda Dickerson.
- Aaron Aaron Allston's Home Page www
Aaron Allston is, Allston's Home Page, amongst many other things, a designer of role-playing game supplements (such as Ninja Hero, Complete Fighter's Handbook and Lands of Mystery). Aaron Allston's Home Page.
- English Malcontent Games www
English publisher of Reve: the Dream Ouroboros, Games, a French oneiric fantasy roleplaying game by Denis Gerfaud. Malcontent Games.
- Author Steffan O'Sullivan's Home Page www
Author of FUDGE, O'Sullivan's Home Page, GURPS Bestiary, GURPS Swashbucklers, GURPS Fantasy Bestiary, GURPS Bunnies and Burrows, and Sherpa. Co-plaintiff in the infamous Steve Jackson Games vs. the U.S. Secret Service lawsuit. Steffan O'Sullivan's Home Page.
- Publisher Frontier Land Games www
Publisher of fantasy campaign supplements and progressive fantasy role-playing systems. Frontier Land Games.
- Writer Allen Varney www
Writer and game designer with credits for TSR, Varney, White Wolf, FASA, West End, SJG, and Hero Games. Allen Varney.
- Creators Valent Games www
Creators of a table-top RPG called "Console" which pokes fun at console RPGs such as "Final Fantasy". Games. Site contains information on their game, a PDF magazine and a company description. Valent Games.
- Author Angel Leigh McCoy's Homepage www
Author of horror fiction and game supplements. Angel Leigh McCoy's Homepage.
- FRPG Sorcerers of the East Coast www
FRPG with new and interesting spells, the East Coast, balanced combat, and percentile based skills. Artwork, maps, adventures and campaigns. Sorcerers of the East Coast.
- Publishers White Wolf Publishing www
Publishers of the World of Darkness roleplaying games. White Wolf Publishing.
- Alexa: Independent Developers Developers and Publishers
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Independent Developers Developers and Publishers
- DMOZ: Independent Developers Developers and Publishers
dmoz.org Directory: Independent Developers Developers and Publishers