This section contains pages with information related to roleplaying games within the super hero genre. This includes pages which are of a general, non-system-specific nature and pages dealing with super-hero roleplaying systems that do not fit into pre-existing categories. In a super-hero roleplaying game (SHRPG) players take on the persona of a super-powered hero in a world very much like the Comics. (Batman, Superman, The X-Men, Spiderman, et. al.) Super Heroes Genres Roleplaying Games.
- Wikipedia: A superhero is a type of heroic stock character, usually possessing supernatural or superhuman powers, who is dedicated to fighting crime, protecting the public, and usually battling supervillains. A female superhero is sometimes called a superheroine, although the word superhero is commonly used for females also. Superhero fiction is the genre of fiction that is centered on such characters, especially in American comic books since the 1930s.
- Crimefighters - Crimefighters is a 1981 TSR pulp-themed tabletop role-playing game created by game designer David Cook. Crimefighters was originally released in issue 47 of the March 1981 edition of Dragon magazine.
- Marvel-Comics - Marvel Comics is the common name and primary imprint of Marvel Worldwide Inc., formerly Marvel Publishing, Inc. and Marvel Comics Group, a publisher of American comic books and related media. In 2009, The Walt Disney Company acquired Marvel Entertainment, Marvel Worldwide's parent company.
- Real-life superhero - A real-life superhero is a person who dresses up in a superhero costume or mask in order to perform community service such as neighborhood watch, or in some cases vigilantism.
- Fictional concepts in superhero fiction
- History A Brief History of Game #15: Genres: Super Heroes, Part One - RPGnet www
History of the genre written by Shannon Applecline. Brief History of Game #15: Genres: Super Heroes, Part One - RPGnet. Part one of a two part article. A Brief History of Game #15: Genres: Super Heroes, Part One - RPGnet.
- A The All-New All-Different Howling Curmudgeons: You can be the hero www
A history of superhero roleplaying games told from a player's perspective, All-New All-Different Howling Curmudgeons: You can be the hero, along with discussion and comments from others. The All-New All-Different Howling Curmudgeons: You can be the hero.
- An Superhero RPGs www
An overview of the genre, RPGs, including reviews of multiple major and minor games. Also offers a tips and advice section for players and GM's. Superhero RPGs.
- Non-system Department of World Justice www
Non-system specific campaign set in the near future. World Justice. Includes characters, organizations, and players. Department of World Justice.
- Descriptions The Central Nexus www
Descriptions of and characters for multiple systems. Central Nexus. Includes DragonCon convention pictures and commentary. The Central Nexus.
- Features Quantum Continuum - an Aberrant Resource www
Features a new faction called "Probe. Continuum - an Aberrant Resource." Also features new powers, enhancements and extras. Quantum Continuum - an Aberrant Resource.
- A Yahoo! Groups : Aberrants_Worldwide www
A discussion-based mailing list. Yahoo! Groups : Aberrants_Worldwide.
- Game Infernal Funhouse www
Game developers using the Freestyle system. Funhouse. Created "RandomAnime" and "Minionomicon". Infernal Funhouse.
- Official Basic Action Super Heroes www
Official site. Action Super Heroes. Includes a rules demo, a description of the system, and an example of play. Basic Action Super Heroes.
- Message The Grognard's Tavern www
Message board. Grognard's Tavern. Includes forums for characters and play-by-post games. The Grognard's Tavern.
- Review RPGnet www
Review by James A. RPGnet. Beggs. RPGnet.
- Game Yahoo Groups - Blood of Heroes Chat www
Game system discussion and archive of mailing list. Yahoo Groups - Blood of Heroes Chat.
- Includes Delta World www
Includes new power packages, World, characters, and bargainer items. Delta World.
- Features Steve Crow's Brave New World www
Features FAQs and a bibliography. Crow's Brave New World. Also includes new characters, powers, tricks, and quirks. Steve Crow's Brave New World.
- Official Muse of Fire Games www
Official site for the game. Fire Games. Includes downloads and an about the game page. Muse of Fire Games.
- Description Capes - Wikipedia www
Description of the game and its rules. Capes - Wikipedia.
- Alexa: Super Heroes Genres
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Super Heroes Genres
- DMOZ: Super Heroes Genres
dmoz.org Directory: Super Heroes Genres