The term "software" was first proposed by Alan Turing and used in this sense by John W. Tukey in 1957. (wikipedia)
- Software A part of a computer system that consists of data or computer instructions, in contrast to...
- GNOME Software A utility for software installation and updates on computers running Linux.
- Software (album) Software is Grace Slick's 1984 album released by RCA Records.
- IEEE Software A bimonthly peer-reviewed magazine and scientific journal published by the IEEE Computer...
- Software (novel) A 1982 cyberpunk science fiction novel written by Rudy Rucker.
- Software (band) A German electronic duo active between 1984 and 2000, comprising and.
- Software, Etc. GameStop Corp., or simply referred to as GameStop, is an American video game, consumer...
- Generates Hamete Virtual Dice Server www
Generates dice rolls for a range of different dice, Virtual Dice Server, with optional modifications. Hamete Virtual Dice Server.
- An Fantasy Grounds www
An application acting as a virtual online gaming table primarily intended for pen and paper style narrative role playing games. Grounds. [Windows XP/2000] Fantasy Grounds.
- A The Adventurer's Diary www
A shareware Windows database application for keeping track of events and persons the player meets. The Adventurer's Diary.
- Mapping Dungeon Helper www
Mapping and dice software to make it easier to play Pen and Paper over the Internet. Helper. [Windows] Dungeon Helper.
- Freeware The Roleplaying Assistant www
Freeware tool featuring character generator (for Dungeons and Dragons, Roleplaying Assistant, Alternity, Star Wars, in Nomine Satanis), fractal world generator, dungeon mapper and spell management. The Roleplaying Assistant.
- Free Eposic www
- A The RPG-SoundMixer www
A commercial program (Demo available) for Windows specifically designed for creating musical and acoustic backgrounds for roleplaying sessions. RPG-SoundMixer. [English/German] The RPG-SoundMixer.
- Creates Garthac Games www
Creates products that support and enhance role playing games. Games. MageHand is a tool for creating, modifying, organizing, sharing and printing campaign information. Garthac Games.
- Random Dire Press RPG Tools www
Random generators for use with d20 fantasy and other role-playing game systems. Dire Press RPG Tools.
- Features AnderWare Development www
Features MasterPlan, Development, a freeware scenario-planning utility for Windows. AnderWare Development.
- A kLoOge.Werks - The Digital Gaming Table www
A commercial Java tool which allows playing round based and map using game to be played with a computer. kLoOge.Werks - The Digital Gaming Table.
- A DA: The Role Player's Digital Assistant www
A tool designed to help create, The Role Player's Digital Assistant, organize, and run tabletop roleplaying games. [Shareware|Windows NT/2000/XP] DA: The Role Player's Digital Assistant.
- A Battlegrounds Games www
A virtual tabletop software that allows to play any RPG online or offline. Games. It is cross-platform, and includes features like Fog of War. Battlegrounds Games.
- Online Obsidian Portal www
Online campaign hosting and collaborative content database. Portal. Users can host a campaign weblog that ties in with tools for tracking NPCs, items, and other game content. Obsidian Portal.
- Build Hero Machine www
Build a character online. Machine. Using Macromedia's Flash program, the HeroMachine lets you control all visual aspects of your character, from capes and boots to faces and weapons. Hero Machine.
- An PCGen www
An open source java based character generator and maintenance program aimed at supporting all d20 system. PCGen.
- Third The History of Computer Role-Playing Games Part 3: The Platinum and Modern Ages (1994-2004) www
Third and final part of this history feature. History of Computer Role-Playing Games Part 3: The Platinum and Modern Ages (1994-2004). [Gamasutra] The History of Computer Role-Playing Games Part 3: The Platinum and Modern Ages (1994-2004).
- Free Role Playing Tools www
Free computer aids for pen and paper role playing games. Playing Tools. Provide an internet map sharing tool for players in different physical locations, and a dice expression tool. [Win/Mac OS/Linux] Role Playing Tools.
- Freeware DnDownloads www
Freeware DM and player tools, DnDownloads, Excel downloads, and character sheets. DnDownloads.
- Windows GURPS Vehicle Designer www
Windows design program for GURPS Vehicles 2nd ed rules. Vehicle Designer. Free demo available. GURPS Vehicle Designer.
- Free GURPS NPC Generator www
Free online and downloadable random character generator for multiple genres. GURPS NPC Generator.
- A MoccaMapper www
A GPL Java program for creating inch squared floor boards for role-playing and board gaming purposes. MoccaMapper.
- A Crooked Staff Productions Roleplaying Aids www
A variety of generic fantasy roleplaying aids including dungeon floorplans, Staff Productions Roleplaying Aids, and d20 adventures. Crooked Staff Productions Roleplaying Aids.
- Allows Fantasy Name Generator www
Allows specification of name length (short, Name Generator, long, with apostrophes, etc.). A separate section for "fun" names generates bad, mushy, and insult monikers. Fantasy Name Generator.
- A Da Irie Reggae Name Generator www
A web-based generator that fills a niche need. Irie Reggae Name Generator. Includes links to resources about dreadlocks, rasta language, etc. Da Irie Reggae Name Generator.
- Audio RPGMP3.com www
Audio resources for roleplaying sessions, RPGMP3.com, as well as audio reviews and downloads. RPGMP3.com.
- John Styles of Roleplaying www
John H. Roleplaying. Kim's rec.games.frp.advocacy FAQ, dealing with abstract (no one system) and RPG classification issues. Styles of Roleplaying.
- Alexa: Software Roleplaying
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Software Roleplaying
- DMOZ: Software Roleplaying
dmoz.org Directory: Software Roleplaying