This section contains sites for independent developers of action games. Independent Developers Action Video Games Games.
- Wikipedia: An independent video game is a video game that is often created without the financial support of a publisher, although some games funded by a publisher are still considered "indie". Indie games often focus on innovation and rely on digital distribution. Indie gaming saw a rise in mainstream popularity in the latter half of the 2000s, primarily due to new online distribution methods and development tools. Some indie games have been very successful financially, such as Undertale, Braid, World of Goo, and Minecraft.
- D?jin soft - D?jin soft, also sometimes called d?jin games, with d?jin sometimes transliterated as doujin or doujinshi, are video games created by Japanese hobbyists or hobbyist groups, more for fun than for profit; essentially, the Japanese equivalent of independent video games or Fangames.
- Independent video game development - Independent video game development is the video game development process of creating indie games; these are video games, commonly created by individual or small teams of video game developers and usually without significant financial support of a video game publisher or other outside source.
- JayIsGames - Jay Is Games is a game review website that features daily updates and links to casual games, indie games, browser games and flash games of wide interest to casual gamers. It was founded on April 19, 2003 by Jay Bibby, initially as a personal blog, although it later had several contributors.
- Video game development - Video game development is the process of creating a video game. The effort is undertaken by a game developer, who may range from a single person to an international team dispersed across the globe.
- Video game types
- Video game terminology
- Small, Flea Circus Games www
Small, Circus Games, downloadable novelty games by Joe Lesko. Flea Circus Games.
- Developers Xavagus Prime Software www
Developers of arcade-style video games, Prime Software, including OIDS for Macintosh. Features game features, downloads, manual, and support, and history. Xavagus Prime Software.
- Project GlAnts www
Project to create game in which player drives around shooting simulated ants. GlAnts. Includes screenshots, development versions for download, and design notes. GlAnts.
- Project Cryon www
Project to write a game scripting engine and a free space flight simulator/shooter that uses it. Cryon. Includes RSS feeds, screen shots, discussion forums, and downloads. Cryon.
- An Elite Memories www
An experimental flight simulator written in Dark Basic. Memories. Includes system requirements, screenshot and a download. Elite Memories.
- Contains Resilience www
Contains download and description of a space sim written in Gamemaker. Resilience.
- Forums Indie Gamer www
Forums for independent developers. Indie Gamer.
- Annual Independent Games Festival www
Annual event sponsored by CMP Media to award excellence in independent video game development in several categories. Games Festival. Background, finalists and winners from each year, how to submit a game for consideration, overview of the judging process, and press releases. Independent Games Festival.
- Contains Starscape www
Contains demo, Starscape, sales, screen shots, and game information. Starscape.
- A TorchShips - Real 3-D Space Combat www
A tactical space combat game based on real physics with procedurally generated single and multi-player missions. TorchShips - Real 3-D Space Combat.
- Information Classic Super Star Trek www
Information and downloads. Classic Super Star Trek.
- Strategy/action/adventure Galactic Command www
Strategy/action/adventure Visual Basic game programmed by David Hughes. Command. Contains news, screenshots, and downloads. Galactic Command.
- Alexa: Independent Developers Action
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Independent Developers Action
- DMOZ: Independent Developers Action
dmoz.org Directory: Independent Developers Action