This section contains sites for independent developers of action games. Independent Developers Action Video Games Games.
- Wikipedia: An independent video game is a video game that is often created without the financial support of a publisher, although some games funded by a publisher are still considered "indie". Indie games often focus on innovation and rely on digital distribution. Indie gaming saw a rise in mainstream popularity in the latter half of the 2000s, primarily due to new online distribution methods and development tools. Some indie games have been very successful financially, such as Undertale, Braid, World of Goo, and Minecraft.
- D?jin soft - D?jin soft, also sometimes called d?jin games, with d?jin sometimes transliterated as doujin or doujinshi, are video games created by Japanese hobbyists or hobbyist groups, more for fun than for profit; essentially, the Japanese equivalent of independent video games or Fangames.
- Independent video game development - Independent video game development is the video game development process of creating indie games; these are video games, commonly created by individual or small teams of video game developers and usually without significant financial support of a video game publisher or other outside source.
- JayIsGames - Jay Is Games is a game review website that features daily updates and links to casual games, indie games, browser games and flash games of wide interest to casual gamers. It was founded on April 19, 2003 by Jay Bibby, initially as a personal blog, although it later had several contributors.
- Video game development - Video game development is the process of creating a video game. The effort is undertaken by a game developer, which may range from a single person to an international team dispersed across the globe.
- Video game types
- Video game terminology
- Project GlAnts www
Project to create game in which player drives around shooting simulated ants. GlAnts. Includes screenshots, development versions for download, and design notes. GlAnts.
- Project Cryon www
Project to write a game scripting engine and a free space flight simulator/shooter that uses it. Cryon. Includes RSS feeds, screen shots, discussion forums, and downloads. Cryon.
- Small, Flea Circus Games www
Small, Circus Games, downloadable novelty games by Joe Lesko. Flea Circus Games.
- Developers Xavagus Prime Software www
Developers of arcade-style video games, Prime Software, including OIDS for Macintosh. Features game features, downloads, manual, and support, and history. Xavagus Prime Software.
- Introduction Elite Tournament www
Introduction to an internet based multiplayer space combat game, Tournament, with background, storyline and download. Elite Tournament.
- Describes EdzUp www
Describes the development of Star Flight 2000 and Elite Multiplayer, EdzUp, with feature lists, progress reports and screenshots. EdzUp.
- Annual Independent Games Festival www
Annual event sponsored by CMP Media to award excellence in independent video game development in several categories. Games Festival. Background, finalists and winners from each year, how to submit a game for consideration, overview of the judging process, and press releases. Independent Games Festival.
- Forums Indie Gamer www
Forums for independent developers. Indie Gamer.
- Describes Vega Strike www
Describes space simulation in which players trade and bounty hunt. Strike. Includes features, forum, manual, and downloads of beta versions. Vega Strike.
- Describes Decaying Orbit www
Describes space action game, Orbit, with game information, screenshots, and cheats. Decaying Orbit.
- A OpenTrek www
A open source 3D implementation of the classic Super Star Trek game. OpenTrek. Screenshots, download, source, and links. OpenTrek.
- Strategy/action/adventure Galactic Command www
Strategy/action/adventure Visual Basic game programmed by David Hughes. Command. Contains news, screenshots, and downloads. Galactic Command.
- Alexa: Independent Developers Action
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Independent Developers Action
- DMOZ: Independent Developers Action
dmoz.org Directory: Independent Developers Action