This section lists primarily Action games that may only be played online with or against hundreds of other players. This section does not list games that have both single and multiplayer options. It does not list browser based games played over the internet, or MUDs. Massive Multiplayer Online Action Video Games Games.
A massively multiplayer online game ( MMOG or MMO ) is an online game which is capable of supporting large numbers of players simultaneously in the same instance (or world). (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: A massively multiplayer online game is an online game with large numbers of players, typically from hundreds to thousands, on the same server. MMOs usually feature a huge, persistent open world, although some games differ. These games can be found for most network-capable platforms, including the personal computer, video game console, or smartphones and other mobile devices.
- Multiplayer online game - A multiplayer online game is a multiplayer video game which can be played via a game server over the internet, with other players around the world.
- Multiplayer video game - A multiplayer video game is a video game in which more than one person can play in the same game environment at the same time. Video games are often single-player activities, putting the player against preprogrammed challenges or AI-controlled opponents.
- Online game - An online game is a video game that is either partially or primarily played through the Internet or any other computer network available.
- Social network game - A social network game is a type of online game that is played through social networks. They typically feature multiplayer gameplay mechanics. Social network games were originally implemented as browser games. As mobile gaming took off, the games moved to mobile as well.
- Virtual world - A virtual world is a computer-based simulated environment which may be populated by many users who can create a personal avatar, and simultaneously and independently explore the virtual world, participate in its activities and communicate with others.
- Social software
- Video game genres
- Modeling and simulation
- Online games
- Massively multiplayer online games
- Video game terminology
- Contains Interpol www
Contains clan diplomacy database, Interpol, background, and forum. Interpol.
- Interview GameSpot www
Interview with Vitomir Jevremovic. GameSpot. Discusses development, inspiration, characters, stations, travel, and requirements. GameSpot.
- Features Stellar Dawn www
Features squad code, Dawn, members, enemies, and a forum. Stellar Dawn.
- Active Vault Network Boards www
Active message board for the game's community. Vault Network Boards.
- Review, GameSpot www
Review, GameSpot, news, cheat codes, and screen shots. GameSpot.
- Official Astro Battle www
Official site, Battle, with news, download, game details, guides, and forum. Astro Battle.
- Contains Reason's Astro Battle Design Portfolio www
Contains illustrations of ships, Astro Battle Design Portfolio, and ship design guide with tips. Reason's Astro Battle Design Portfolio.
- Release GameFAQs www
Release data and a message board. GameFAQs.
- Fan Auto Assault Vault www
Fan site, Assault Vault, with news, trailers, previews, screenshots, FAQs, artwork, databases, and forums. Auto Assault Vault.
- A Wikipedia.com on Cosmic Rift www
A great article on the basics of Cosmic Rift. Wikipedia.com on Cosmic Rift.
- Alexa: Massive Multiplayer Online Action
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Massive Multiplayer Online Action
- DMOZ: Massive Multiplayer Online Action
dmoz.org Directory: Massive Multiplayer Online Action