In Adventure games (also referred to as interactive fiction), the player enters a game world and the story's progression follows from the player's interaction with that world. Progress toward the goal is usually impeded by intellectual problems to solve using resources within the game world. The term adventure game derives from Crowther and Woods's "Adventure", the computer game that invented the genre. This section includes classic text adventures (like the original Zork trilogy), and graphical adventure games (like Myst). Interactive movies like Dragon's Lair lack the intellectual problem solving of adventure games, but may be listed here for want of a better section. Adventure Video Games Games.
An adventure is an exciting or unusual experience. It may also be a bold, usually risky undertaking, with an uncertain outcome. (wikipedia)
- Adventure An exciting or unusual experience.
- Adventure Time An American animated television series created by Pendleton Ward for Cartoon Network.
- Adventure game A video game in which the player assumes the role of a protagonist in an interactive story driven...
- Adventure fiction Adventure fiction is fiction that usually presents danger, or gives the reader a sense of...
- Adventure, Guyana A village located in the Pomeroon-Supenaam Region of Guyana, on the Atlantic coast, at sea level...
- Adventure magazine An American pulp magazine that was first published in November 1910 by the Ridgway company, an...
- Adventure (1925 film) A lost 1925 American silent drama film produced by Famous Players-Lasky, distributed by Paramount...
- The Adventure Company A publishing label of Nordic Games.
- Adventures (band) An American rock band from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
- Trike Icaros Adventure S A Brazilian ultralight trike, designed and produced by Trike Icaros of S o Paulo.
- Adventure (ship) A sloop maritime fur trade ship built by the crew of Captain Robert Gray on his second voyage to...
- Make The Great IF Toaster Contest www
Make an interactive fiction game using any development system to create a toaster. Great IF Toaster Contest. The toaster should have a lever on it and a slide or dial to set the darkness to. The Great IF Toaster Contest.
- Outdated Interactive Fiction Page www
Outdated collection of links maintained by Scott Neal Reilly Interactive Fiction Page.
- Program GUEmap www
Program for Windows 95/NT for drawing and printing maps of interactive fiction games. GUEmap.
- Adventure Adventure Games Hall of Fame, The www
Adventure game spoilers, Games Hall of Fame, The, walkthroughs, tips, hints, solutions, pictures and reviews. Adventure Games Hall of Fame, The.
- Hosting IF-Legends.Org www
Hosting service and search engine specialising in interactive fiction. IF-Legends.Org.
- A Adventureland www
A categorized list of adventure games produced over the years, Adventureland, broken down by company. Also lists game systems, Interpreters and emulators. Adventureland.
- Links Magnus' Interactive Fiction Page www
Links to other interactive fiction sites plus downloads of a few games. Magnus' Interactive Fiction Page.
- News, Brass Lantern www
News, Lantern, articles, and interviews about adventure games, edited by Steven Granade. Brass Lantern.
- About Adventure Classic Gaming www
About classic adventure games and interactive fiction. Classic Gaming. Offers news, reviews, cheats, galleries, and a forum. Adventure Classic Gaming.
- Host Textfire.com www
Host of the Interactive Fiction Competition, Textfire.com, the IF Book Club, the IF Review Conspiracy, and the IF Beta Site. Textfire.com.
- The Annual Interactive Fiction Competition, The www
The free interactive fiction competition judged by readers of rec. Interactive Fiction Competition, The.arts.int-fiction. Annual Interactive Fiction Competition, The.
- Site Cyberpunk Games www
Site discusses many cyberpunk games (or heavily influence by cyberpunk) including various text and graphic adventure games from 1984 to 2003. Cyberpunk Games.
- While How Adventure Games Age www
While graphic adventure games tend to look very dated very quickly, Adventure Games Age, text adventures still seem fresh a decade after they were written. By Stephen Granade. How Adventure Games Age.
- A Balrog, The www
A homage to the Amstrad adventure scene. Balrog, The.
- A The Interactive Fiction Book Club www
A way to encourage play and analysis of older, Interactive Fiction Book Club, often overlooked works of IF. The Interactive Fiction Book Club.
- Walkthrough, Mystery Manor Adventure www
Walkthrough, Manor Adventure, hints, developers, screen shots, forums and general information on a variety of games and their developers. Mystery Manor Adventure.
- Includes GameBoomers www
Includes PC game walkthroughs, GameBoomers, hints and cheats, discussion forums, list of game publishers and official sites, game reviews and previews. GameBoomers.
- Blue Blue Heat: The Case of the Cover Girl Murders www
Blue Heat, Heat: The Case of the Cover Girl Murders, an interactive movie point and click adventure game, was based on the movie "Cover Me". Walkthrough and hints for the game. Blue Heat: The Case of the Cover Girl Murders.
- Walk Daelindor - The Dark Castle www
Walk through a dungeon beneath an old castle in search of a fabulous treasure. Daelindor - The Dark Castle.
- Interactive Interactive Stories www
Interactive writers may participate in on-going science fiction story, Stories, 1000 Years On Planet Earth or the romance parody, Birds of a Feather Smash Together. Stories have run continuously since June, 1, 1999. Interactive Stories.
- Classic Cosmos Quest www
Classic adventure point and click game. Quest. Includes game download, demo, and screenshots. Cosmos Quest.
- Walkthroughs Adventure Game Walkthroughs www
Walkthroughs include full solutions, Game Walkthroughs, maps, slideshows and links to other related game web sites. Adventure Game Walkthroughs.
- Solutions The C64 Adventure Game Solutions and Walkthrough Site www
Solutions and walkthroughs for adventure games on the Commodore 64. The C64 Adventure Game Solutions and Walkthrough Site.
- The Computer Adventures, The Secret Art www
The full book on designing, Adventures, The Secret Art, creating and publishing a game by Gil Williamson. Computer Adventures, The Secret Art.
- The Beneath the Mountain www
The Hobbit's Quest for Windows based on the Lord of the Rings. Beneath the Mountain.
- Describes Xrick www
Describes rewrite of Rick Dangerous for Linux. Xrick. Includes screenshots and download. Xrick.
- Companion PBS - The Video Game Revolution www
Companion site to the PBS program, The Video Game Revolution, "The Video Game Revolution." Examines the evolution and history of the video game industry, from the 1950s through today, the impact of video games on society and culture, and the future of electronic gaming. PBS - The Video Game Revolution.
- TCP Game Config.co.uk www
TCP and UDP port settings for popular online games for Windows, Config.co.uk, PlayStation 2, and Xbox. Game Config.co.uk.
- Alexa: Adventure Video Games
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Adventure Video Games
- DMOZ: Adventure Video Games
dmoz.org Directory: Adventure Video Games