General sites about video gaming on personal computer platforms (e.g., Macintosh, Windows, Linux, Amiga). Computer Platforms Video Games Games.
- Wikipedia: A computing platform is the environment in which a piece of software is executed. It may be the hardware or the operating system, even a web browser or other underlying software, as long as the program code is executed in it. Computing platforms have different abstraction levels, including a computer architecture, an OS, or runtime libraries. A computing platform is the stage on which computer programs can run.
- Cross-platform - In computing, cross-platform software is computer software that is implemented on multiple computing platforms.
- Platform virtualization - Hardware virtualization is the virtualization of computers as complete hardware platforms, certain logical abstractions of their componentry, or only the functionality required to run various operating systems.
- Third platform - The third platform is a term coined by marketing firm International Data Corporation for a model of a computing platform. It was promoted as inter-dependencies between mobile computing, social media, cloud computing, and information / analytics, and possibly the Internet of Things.
- Computing platforms
- A MSX-Hinter www
A website with tips, MSX-Hinter, hacks and cheats for MSX-Hinter games MSX-Hinter.
- Title Hall of Light www
Title database. Hall of Light.
- Index MobyGames - Amiga www
Index of platform developers and titles. MobyGames - Amiga.
- A Krilo www
A puzzle/strategy game, Krilo, with built-in editor. Krilo.
- Started GJ's BeOS page www
Started as a joystick test application, BeOS page, this program has grown into a full Pong clone. Does the classic black and white tennis game, but also features color, different sounds, batsizes, speeds, joystick/keyboard control, and football or squash courts. GJ's BeOS page.
- Cheats, MegaGames www
Cheats, MegaGames, downloadable trainers, and fixes for PC games. MegaGames.
- A The Game Database www
A wiki-style database of PC games and cheats. The Game Database.
- Commodore Night Gem - Commodore 64 www
Commodore 64 nostalgia page which includes artwork, Gem - Commodore 64, profiles of Phillipe's twenty favorite C64 games and some SID tunes. Night Gem - Commodore 64.
- C64 C64.ukf.net www
C64 game downloads and reviews. C64.ukf.net.
- Shareware Old School DOS Games www
Shareware and freeware games available for download. School DOS Games. Also offers information on DOS emulators. Old School DOS Games.
- Contains DOS Games www
Contains shareware and freeware games, Games, organized by genre. Also available are associated utilities and a message board to find old games, get games working or discuss DOS games. DOS Games.
- Answers Linux Gamers' FAQ www
Answers to common questions pertaining to Linux games and gaming. Linux Gamers' FAQ.
- A Cedega Wiki www
A games database to keep track of games that can be played on Linux using Cedega, Wiki, and hints on how to get them to run better. Cedega Wiki.
- An Genre and the Video Game www
An analysis of genre categorization as applied to video games in contrast with books and film, and the Video Game, with definitions and examples. Genre and the Video Game.
- TCP Game Config.co.uk www
TCP and UDP port settings for popular online games for Windows, Config.co.uk, PlayStation 2, and Xbox. Game Config.co.uk.
- Alexa: Computer Platforms Video Games
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Computer Platforms Video Games
- DMOZ: Computer Platforms Video Games
dmoz.org Directory: Computer Platforms Video Games