Educational Video Games Games.
Education is the process of facilitating learning, or the acquisition of knowledge, skills, values, beliefs, and habits. (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: Education is the process of facilitating learning, or the acquisition of knowledge, skills, values, beliefs, and habits. Educational methods include storytelling, discussion, teaching, training, and directed research. Education frequently takes place under the guidance of educators, but learners may also educate themselves. Education can take place in formal or informal settings and any experience that has a formative effect on the way one thinks, feels, or acts may be considered educational. The methodology of teaching is called pedagogy. Education is commonly divided formally into such stages as preschool or kindergarten, primary school, secondary school and then college, university, or apprenticeship. A right to education has been recognized by some governments and the United Nations. In most regions, education is compulsory up to a certain age.
- Education Category
- Alternative education - Alternative education encompasses many pedagogical approaches differing from mainstream pedagogy. Such alternative learning environments may be found within state, charter, and independent schools as well as home-based learning environments.
- Bildung - Bildung refers to the German tradition of self-cultivation, wherein philosophy and education are linked in a manner that refers to a process of both personal and cultural maturation.
- Co-teaching - Co-teaching is when two educators work together to plan, organize, instruct and make assessments on the same group of students, sharing the same classroom.
- Comprehensive sexuality education - Comprehensive sex education is a sex education instruction method based on-curriculum that aims to give students the knowledge, attitudes, skills and values to make appropriate and healthy choices in their sexual lives.
- Education for Sustainable Development - Sustainability education, Education for Sustainability, and Education for Sustainable Development are interchangeable terms describing the practice of teaching for sustainability. ESD is the term most used internationally and by the United Nations.
- Educational technology - Educational technology is "the study and ethical practice of facilitating learning and improving performance by creating, using, and managing appropriate technological processes and resources".
- Several Owl and Mouse www
Several free software titles, and Mouse, including map puzzles, learning letters, building castles and similar games. Requires Windows 95, 98 or 3.1. Owl and Mouse.
- Students Escalation www
Students roleplay President Johnson during the Vietnam war. Escalation. The program gives different scenarios depending on student decisions. Escalation.
- Training Barbara A. Brown: Shareware www
Training games developed to facilitate and test learning: a "Millionaire" type game and a "Jeopardy" style game. Brown: Shareware. The instructor can input their own questions and answers. Barbara A. Brown: Shareware.
- The The Choice Game www
The first of 5 part series of games. Choice Game. An interactive CD-ROM Soap Opera in which anyone interested in dating make choices on subjects related to dating, sex, smoking, drugs and friends, see the consequences these choices have in their lives. The Choice Game.
- Creators LatticeWork Software, Inc. www
Creators of award-winning game and educational software such as Roxie's Reading Fish, Software, Inc., Roxie's Math Fish, Penny Penguin's Math Bingo, 3D Ten Thousand, Stone's Throw and Ancient Ivory. LatticeWork Software, Inc..
- Educational Knowledge Probe Inc. www
Educational games and puzzles including Windows titles 'Mixed-Up Math', Probe Inc., 'French Connections', 'Stack Mates', 'Cell Mates', 'Elimination', 'Math Mates'. Knowledge Probe Inc..
- Teen Got Game 2 www
Teen choices and their consequences are explored in an online game format from a Catholic Christian perspective. Game 2. Flash or HTML. Got Game 2.
- Introduction Time Engineers www
Introduction to engineering, Engineers, which has students traveling back in time to solve engineering problems. Time Engineers.
- Games Curiosoft www
Games that introduce children to role-models such as veterinarians, Curiosoft, dinosaur hunter, fashion designer, Einstein, Shakespeare, and Mozart. Also offers free jigsaw puzzles, free coloring pages, free audiobooks, and free games. Curiosoft.
- Spelling ABC Spelling and Math Games www
Spelling and quiz game that allows users to add spelling lists and quizzes. ABC Spelling and Math Games.
- Create Memorize It 4.0 www
Create flashcards to print. 4.0. Offers ordering and contact information, manual, reviews, sample cards, downloads, support. Memorize It 4.0.
- News, IGN www
News, IGN, screenshots, and a message board. IGN.
- Provides GameSpot www
Provides information, GameSpot, screenshots, and a forum. GameSpot.
- Sells Interdata Developments www
Sells the old Infocom Classics. Developments. Includes solutions, and links. Interdata Developments.
- Family eGames www
Family friendly software for all ages from arcade to collections. eGames. Most titles available as download or CD-ROM. eGames.
- Provides CRACK: Educational Software to Practice Calculating www
Provides arithmetic tasks to be solved on Windows. Educational Software to Practice Calculating. These tasks begin very simple and get harder. CRACK: Educational Software to Practice Calculating.
- [Unix] GCompris www
[Unix] Distributed under the GPL. GCompris. For young children, includes activities like discovering the mouse and keyboard, telling time, puzzles, memory games, and reading training. GCompris.
- Developer's Paradox Interactive www
Developer's home page, Interactive, contains company information, game demo downloads, screenshots, forum and latest patches. Paradox Interactive.
- Videos, GameStats www
Videos, GameStats, screenshots, average scores, article links, and a message board. GameStats.
- Review, WorthPlaying www
Review, WorthPlaying, by Reggie Carolipio: "Altogether, My Word Coach is an entertaining collection of puzzles that can start out as a fun, charming title that makes reading through a dictionary as fun as it can be." [Score: 7 out of 10] WorthPlaying.
- An Academic Gaming Review www
An educational journal which publishes freeware for teachers. Academic Gaming Review.
- Review Game Industry News: The Number Devil www
Review by a 12-year-old student of this math skills improvement game. Industry News: The Number Devil. Score: 4 out of 5. Game Industry News: The Number Devil.
- A And Alice Played a Video Game www
A study by Souvik Mukherjee of the relationship between children's fantasy adventure stories and interactive computer games of American McGee's Alice and Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone. And Alice Played a Video Game.
- Companion PBS - The Video Game Revolution www
Companion site to the PBS program, The Video Game Revolution, "The Video Game Revolution." Examines the evolution and history of the video game industry, from the 1950s through today, the impact of video games on society and culture, and the future of electronic gaming. PBS - The Video Game Revolution.
- Alexa: Educational Video Games
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Educational Video Games
- DMOZ: Educational Video Games
dmoz.org Directory: Educational Video Games