Emulation is the process of simulating the hardware of one computer (particularly the processor) via software on a different one. In other words, it allows you to use software meant for another system that you may not have access to by running a program on your system. For instance, an emulator will let you use an arcade machine that no longer exist or use a game console that can no longer be purchased. Note that this section is different from Computers: Emulators because the focus here is on the emulation of general gaming purpose computers (also called consoles) and arcade machines. Emulation Video Games Games.
- Emulator In computing, an emulator is hardware or software that enables one computer system to behave like...
- Hardware emulation The process of imitating the behavior of one or more pieces of hardware with another piece of...
- In-circuit emulator The use of a hardware device or in-circuit emulator used to debug the software of an embedded...
- Video game console emulator A type of emulator that allows a computing device to emulate a video game console's hardware and...
- Gaussian process emulator In statistics, Gaussian process emulator is one name for a general type of statistical model that...
- Emulation (football club) A football club of Martinique.
- ST Emulous A British tugboat.
- Latest The Emulator Zone www
Latest emulators for Nintendo 64, Emulator Zone, Playstation, Super Nintendo, Gameboy and many other systems. The Emulator Zone.
- Screenshot Calimero's EGG www
Screenshot galleries of emulated games for various systems. Calimero's EGG.
- Emulators, Snakeyes Gaming Corp. www
Emulators, Gaming Corp., translation patches, emulation utilities and other information. Snakeyes Gaming Corp..
- News, Arcade@Home www
News, Arcade@Home, emulators and ROMs of various arcade and console systems for download. Arcade@Home.
- A Patent Pending www
A huge emulator site for all your emulator needs. Patent Pending.
- Emulation, emulinks.de www
Emulation, emulinks.de, vintage computing and gaming systems directory. emulinks.de.
- A easyEmu www
A beginner's guide including tutorials, easyEmu, reviews and links to begin. easyEmu.
- The Emulation Zone www
The original Emulation Zone, Zone, hosts many emulation related sites and provides information on console emulation. Emulation Zone.
- List Dorando www
List of available emulators and compatibility tests for these. Dorando.
- Freeware The RCA Studio 2 Emulator www
Freeware RCA Studio 2 emulator for DOS and Windows. The RCA Studio 2 Emulator.
- A GeePee32 www
A freeware GamePark 32 emulator for Windows. GeePee32.
- A Emu - Celebs www
A database of all the emusceners with photo, Celebs, projects involved and a mini-CV. Emu - Celebs.
- A EmuLynx www
A directory classified into categories. EmuLynx.
- Open 4DO www
Open source emulator for Windows. 4DO.
- A The FreeDO Project www
A freeware emulator for Windows. FreeDO Project. PocketPC and MacOS X versions are also planned. The FreeDO Project.
- DOS-based ArcadeOS www
DOS-based emulator frontend for arcade cabinets. ArcadeOS.
- Information JROK'S Arcade Simulation www
Information about various arcade emulators. JROK'S Arcade Simulation.
- Answers AtariAge: Beginner's Guide to Emulation www
Answers common Atari console emulation questions. AtariAge: Beginner's Guide to Emulation.
- Huge Atari 8bit Games - Homesoft www
Huge collection of games for Atari XL/XE. Atari 8bit Games - Homesoft.
- Atari VCS Preservation Retrogaming Archive www
514 ROM Images in one zip file. VCS Preservation Retrogaming Archive. [Requires Flash] Atari VCS Preservation Retrogaming Archive.
- Port GP32 Atari 2600 Emulator www
Port of Virtual VCS emulator to the GP32. GP32 Atari 2600 Emulator.
- A Jum52 www
A freeware emulator for BeOS, Jum52, DOS, MacOS, PlayStation2, QNX and Windows. Jum52.
- Resources AtariAge: 5200 Emulation www
Resources and links to the most popular emulators and utilities. AtariAge: 5200 Emulation.
- An EMU7800 www
An open source emulator for Windows written in C#. EMU7800.
- Resources AtariAge: 7800 Emulation www
Resources and links to the most popular emulators and utilities. AtariAge: 7800 Emulation.
- A And Alice Played a Video Game www
A study by Souvik Mukherjee of the relationship between children's fantasy adventure stories and interactive computer games of American McGee's Alice and Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone. And Alice Played a Video Game.
- A Open Site: Video Games www
A volunteer-run encyclopedia categorized by genre. Site: Video Games. Includes information, review overviews, hints, release dates, and artwork. Open Site: Video Games.
- Alexa: Emulation Video Games
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Emulation Video Games
- DMOZ: Emulation Video Games
dmoz.org Directory: Emulation Video Games