Game Design Video Games Games.
Academically, game design is part of game studies, while game theory studies strategic decision making (primarily in non-game situations). (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: Game Design is the art of applying design and aesthetics to create a game for entertainment or for educational, exercise, or experimental purposes. Increasingly, elements and principles of game design are also applied to other interactions, particularly virtual ones.
- Game design Category
- Gamification - Gamification is the application of game-design elements and game principles in non-game contexts.
- Play (activity) - In psychology and ethology, play is a range of voluntary, intrinsically motivated activities normally associated with recreational pleasure and enjoyment.
- Video game design - Video game design is the process of designing the content and rules of a video game in the pre-production stage and designing the gameplay, environment, storyline, and characters in the production stage.
- Leisure activities
- Game theory
- GameDev.Net www
Offers articles, GameDev.Net, columns, resources, news, and links.
- Personal Johny's Ranting on Gaming www
Personal opinions and commentary on game design, Ranting on Gaming, especially multiplayer games. Johny's Ranting on Gaming.
- A Game Depot www
A website with discussion forums for discussing game design. Depot. 3D topics and others. Game Depot.
- List GameCreators www
List of links to different game editors and articles. GameCreators.
- Essay Object Oriented Games www
Essay by David Librik on the design of a new object-oriented system for adventure games Object Oriented Games.
- Works No Place Like Home www
Works of interactive fiction created using Inform and an exercise in implementing the same game in different systems. No Place Like Home.
- A AI Wisdom www
A database of Artificial Intelligence articles specific to games that appeared in game programming books, Wisdom, magazines, conferences, or on the Internet. AI Wisdom.
- A Heuristic Goal-seeking Framework www
A JAVA framework that implements heuristic goal-seeking algorithms. Goal-seeking Framework. Using this framework will allow developers to focus on a specific domain of interest, while leaving many of the AI concepts and goal-searching concepts to be implemented by the framework. Heuristic Goal-seeking Framework.
- A Austin Game Conference www
A two day event designed to inform and educate game industry professionals on online multiplayer games, Game Conference, mobile and next generation game technologies. Austin Game Conference.
- A Independent Games Festival www
A festival to encourage growth and competition between independent game developers. Games Festival. It is held at the Game Developer Conference and open to anyone who is not funded by an established publisher. Independent Games Festival.
- Provides Vivox www
Provides integrated voice chat, Vivox, video, Instant Messaging (IM) and presence. Vivox.
- Hypervisual Hypervisual www
Hypervisual designs and develops special games and entertainment applications. Hypervisual. Its strongest points are the combination of sophisticated, high-end graphics with original and innovative software solutions. Hypervisual.
- Site Dave Taylor Consulting www
Site of Carbon6 and former id designer Dave Taylor, Taylor Consulting, offering game design and related consultancy services. Dave Taylor Consulting.
- MUD Bartle, Richard A. www
MUD and SMS game designer, Richard A., and author of "Desiging Virtual Worlds". Features MUD related writings, personal information and some browser based games. Bartle, Richard A..
- Interview The Celebrity Cafe: Carl Muller www
Interview with a long time programmer. Celebrity Cafe: Carl Muller. Developed games for multiple platforms including Commodore, Sega, and Nintendo 64. The Celebrity Cafe: Carl Muller.
- History The Oliver Twins www
History of the games written by The Oliver Twins. The Oliver Twins.
- An Genre and the Video Game www
An analysis of genre categorization as applied to video games in contrast with books and film, and the Video Game, with definitions and examples. Genre and the Video Game.
- A And Alice Played a Video Game www
A study by Souvik Mukherjee of the relationship between children's fantasy adventure stories and interactive computer games of American McGee's Alice and Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone. And Alice Played a Video Game.
- Alexa: Game Design Video Games
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Game Design Video Games
- DMOZ: Game Design Video Games
dmoz.org Directory: Game Design Video Games