Game Design Video Games Games.
Academically, game design is part of game studies, while game theory studies strategic decision making (primarily in non-game situations). (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: Game design is the art of applying design and aesthetics to create a game for entertainment or for educational, exercise, or experimental purposes. Increasingly, elements and principles of game design are also applied to other interactions, particularly virtual ones.
- Game design Category
- Gamification - Gamification is the application of game-design elements and game principles in non-game contexts.
- Play (activity) - In psychology and ethology, play is a range of voluntary, intrinsically motivated activities normally associated with recreational pleasure and enjoyment.
- Video game design - Video game design is the process of designing the content and rules of a video game in the pre-production stage and designing the gameplay, environment, storyline, and characters in the production stage.
- Leisure activities
- Game theory
- GameDev.Net www
Offers articles, GameDev.Net, columns, resources, news, and links.
- Game Developers' Conference www
Annual March conference on game development, Developers' Conference, sharing tools, tips and technologies for unbridled professional learning, networking and fun.
- Personal Johny's Ranting on Gaming www
Personal opinions and commentary on game design, Ranting on Gaming, especially multiplayer games. Johny's Ranting on Gaming.
- List GameCreators www
List of links to different game editors and articles. GameCreators.
- A Game Depot www
A website with discussion forums for discussing game design. Depot. 3D topics and others. Game Depot.
- Works No Place Like Home www
Works of interactive fiction created using Inform and an exercise in implementing the same game in different systems. No Place Like Home.
- Three XYZZYnews: The Art of the Puzzle www
Three accomplished IF authors discuss the art of creating puzzles for a game. XYZZYnews: The Art of the Puzzle.
- Build Starcraft AI Competition www
Build an AI bot using special API for "Starcraft: Brood War" and challenge other bots for prizes. Starcraft AI Competition.
- Robin Dynamic Stochastic Control - A New Approach To Game Tree Searching www
Robin Upton's Ph. Stochastic Control - A New Approach To Game Tree Searching.D. thesis uses this branch of probability theory to generalize conspiracy numbers, developing the search method known as PCN*, conspiracy probabilities. Dynamic Stochastic Control - A New Approach To Game Tree Searching.
- A Independent Games Festival www
A festival to encourage growth and competition between independent game developers. Games Festival. It is held at the Game Developer Conference and open to anyone who is not funded by an established publisher. Independent Games Festival.
- Hypervisual Hypervisual www
Hypervisual designs and develops special games and entertainment applications. Hypervisual. Its strongest points are the combination of sophisticated, high-end graphics with original and innovative software solutions. Hypervisual.
- Provides Vivox www
Provides integrated voice chat, Vivox, video, Instant Messaging (IM) and presence. Vivox.
- Contains Kikuta, Hiroki - Angel's Fear www
Contains news, Hiroki - Angel's Fear, profile, links, graphics and sounds. Kikuta, Hiroki - Angel's Fear.
- Personal McGee, American www
Personal weblog of the Alice, American, Scrapland and former id designer. Also features a FAQ, links, and a forum. McGee, American.
- Large The Giant List of Classic Game Programmers www
Large archive and general trivia repository for the creators of classic video games of the 1970s and 1980s. The Giant List of Classic Game Programmers.
- Interview The Celebrity Cafe: Carl Muller www
Interview with a long time programmer. Celebrity Cafe: Carl Muller. Developed games for multiple platforms including Commodore, Sega, and Nintendo 64. The Celebrity Cafe: Carl Muller.
- Companion PBS - The Video Game Revolution www
Companion site to the PBS program, The Video Game Revolution, "The Video Game Revolution." Examines the evolution and history of the video game industry, from the 1950s through today, the impact of video games on society and culture, and the future of electronic gaming. PBS - The Video Game Revolution.
- TCP Game Config.co.uk www
TCP and UDP port settings for popular online games for Windows, Config.co.uk, PlayStation 2, and Xbox. Game Config.co.uk.
- Alexa: Game Design Video Games
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Game Design Video Games
- DMOZ: Game Design Video Games
dmoz.org Directory: Game Design Video Games