Computer and console RPGs (roleplaying games) are like computer-mediated tabletop RPGs. RPGs are combat-oriented games in which you play a character (or group of characters) in a story. Generally, the goal is to go certain places and perform required actions to advance the story, while fighting off enemies who are out to stop you. Your character grows in power from success in fighting, accumulating weapons and armor with different capabilities, and items with special abilities like relieving combat damage. Roleplaying Video Games Games.
Role-playing refers to the changing of one's behaviour to assume a role, either unconsciously to fill a social role, or consciously to act out an adopted role. (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: Role-playing is the changing of one's behaviour to assume a role, either unconsciously to fill a social role, or consciously to act out an adopted role. While the Oxford English Dictionary offers a definition of role-playing as "the changing of one's behaviour to fulfill a social role", in the field of psychology, the term is used more loosely in four senses...
- Role-playing Category
- Costume - Costume is the distinctive style of dress of an individual or group that reflects their class, gender, profession, ethnicity, nationality, activity or epoch.
- Psychological methodology
- Human behavior
- Third The History of Computer Role-Playing Games Part 3: The Platinum and Modern Ages (1994-2004) www
Third and final part of this history feature. History of Computer Role-Playing Games Part 3: The Platinum and Modern Ages (1994-2004). [Gamasutra] The History of Computer Role-Playing Games Part 3: The Platinum and Modern Ages (1994-2004).
- Walkthroughs, Sorcerer's Place www
Walkthroughs, Place, information, guides and resources for the Baldur's Gate and Icewind Dale series, Planescape: Torment, Pool of Radiance, and Neverwinter Nights. Sorcerer's Place.
- A Sryth: The Age of Igtheon www
A free game in a fantasy setting. The Age of Igtheon. Provides story information, FAQs and documentation, maps, and a hall of fame. Sryth: The Age of Igtheon.
- A City of IF www
A site centered on “storygames": online story-based rpgs featuring multiplayer roleplaying in forums and chat rooms. IF. Dozens of storygames in multiple genres are available, all free. City of IF.
- A Spirit in the Genome www
A message board about Final Fantasy. Spirit in the Genome.
- Forums Avalanche Online www
Forums for RPG discussion. Online. Also general gaming news. Avalanche Online.
- A The Spoiler Centre: RPG Genre www
A large selection of solutions, Spoiler Centre: RPG Genre, cheats, and walkthroughs, classified by publisher. The Spoiler Centre: RPG Genre.
- Member The Amazon Basin www
Member list, Amazon Basin, links, forum, strategy guides, and joining instructions. The Amazon Basin.
- Small The Drunken www
Small group of gamers who enjoy gaming and beer. Drunken. Features member profiles and forums. The Drunken.
- Provides Palace of the Tragic Prince www
Provides a download of the game called "Heart of Steel", the Tragic Prince, information, screenshots, and links. Palace of the Tragic Prince.
- Create RuneSword 2 www
Create and play medieval adventures for Windows. 2. Includes a full-length mission, skills, races and strategic combat. RuneSword 2.
- TCP Game Config.co.uk www
TCP and UDP port settings for popular online games for Windows, Config.co.uk, PlayStation 2, and Xbox. Game Config.co.uk.
- Online Peter Zackariasson www
Online presentation of research in to games. Peter Zackariasson.
- Alexa: Roleplaying Video Games
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Roleplaying Video Games
- DMOZ: Roleplaying Video Games
dmoz.org Directory: Roleplaying Video Games