Word Game video games are games played on consoles or computers which deal words and letters. Most of these games are electronic versions of popular board and tile games. Word Games Video Games Games.
- Wikipedia: Word games are spoken or board games often designed to test ability with language or to explore its properties.
- Anagram dictionary - In the main type of anagram dictionary, the letters in words or phrases are rearranged in alphabetical order, and these transpositions are themselves then ordered alphabetically within word-length groups, so that any words consisting of this group of letters can be found.
- Double entendre - A double entendre is a figure of speech or a particular way of wording that is devised to be understood in two ways, having a double meaning. Typically one of the meanings is obvious, given the context whereas the other may require more thought.
- Fortunately, Unfortunately - Fortunately, Unfortunately is a word game first played at conventions of the National Puzzlers' League in the late 1980s. It was invented and introduced by one-time NPL president David Scott Marley.
- Language game for a linguistic variant.
- Online word game - An online word game is a word game based in an online venue. Like many online games, many online word games are accessed via web browsers such as Facebook.
- Phono-semantic matching - Phono-semantic matching is the incorporation of a word into one language from another, often creating a neologism, where the word's non-native quality is hidden by replacing it with phonetically and semantically similar words or roots from the adopting language.
- Word puzzles
- Word games
- Reviews Online Boggle Reviews www
Reviews of online multiplayer Boggle-like games. Online Boggle Reviews.
- A Winners Choice Acrophobia Family www
A group of players using a special method of playing called "Winners Choice Rules". Winners Choice Acrophobia Family.
- Christian The Word Puzzles www
Christian themed word puzzles and games. The Word Puzzles.
- Word Alphen www
Word puzzle for Windows. Alphen. Fun, fast action, with skill levels designed for all ages. Built-in vocabulary editor, high-scores, music, sound effects, easy to learn and play. [Win 95/98/Me/NT/2000] Alphen.
- Hidden Word Pileon by Xdyne Inc. www
Hidden in a temple jar are "Magical", Pileon by Xdyne Inc., 10-letter words that contain all the words you need to get to the top of the world. Word strategy game where you compete against the computer to find word combinations. [Win 95/98/Me/NT/2000] Word Pileon by Xdyne Inc..
- Rated GameSpot Review (PlayStation) www
Rated 5. Review (PlayStation).8/10 by Lauren Fielder. "Don't go into it expecting Scrabble on the PlayStation to be anything but Scrabble with a cathode-ray glow." Reader reviews. 8 screen shots. GameSpot Review (PlayStation).
- Official WorldWide Scrabble www
Official site provides history, Scrabble, trivia, and strategy tips for this board game, plus product information and links to clubs and organizations. WorldWide Scrabble.
- Rated GameSpot Review (PC) www
Rated 5. Review (PC).5/10 by Nicole Freeman. "This is a game where the only reward is winning money and prizes. Imagining money and prizes is just not the same." Reader reviews. 5 screen shots. GameSpot Review (PC).
- Offers Neoseeker's Wheel of Fortune Resources www
Offers screenshots, Wheel of Fortune Resources, a discussion board, and links to reviews. Neoseeker's Wheel of Fortune Resources.
- Printable Puzzle-Club www
Printable word searches for all difficulty levels. Puzzle-Club.
- Play QuizAbility - WordSearch www
Play the WordSearch quickly and make it into the Hall of Fame. WordSearch. Two skill levels: Standard or Expert. QuizAbility - WordSearch.
- An Are Video Games Art? www
An article by Aaron Smuts discussing modern art and the role of video games within its definition. Video Games Art?. Are Video Games Art?.
- An Genre and the Video Game www
An analysis of genre categorization as applied to video games in contrast with books and film, and the Video Game, with definitions and examples. Genre and the Video Game.
- Alexa: Word Games Video Games
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Word Games Video Games
- DMOZ: Word Games Video Games
dmoz.org Directory: Word Games Video Games